Updated: April 24, 2020
- Information we collect;
- How we use the data;
- With whom we may share the data;
- Storage and security of your data;
- Your privacy rights, choices and disclosures, including under CCPA;
- Users outside the United States;
- Offline collection, use and disclosure of information;
- Contact information.
1. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in several different ways on the Site. One goal in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- help you quickly find information, products, and services.
- help us create content on the Sites that is most relevant to you.
- alert you to new information, products, and services that we offer.
(a) Registration and Purchasing. Before using certain parts of the Site or ordering products, you may have to register. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, phone number and email address. These kinds of personal information are used to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your orders and our Site, and for marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we use the personal information to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses. Several locations of the Site may permit you to enter or for us to capture your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to register for promotions or products; or to request us to notify you regarding particular promotions or products. Your participation in a promotion is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify promotion winners and to award prizes. We may post on our Site the names and cities of contest winners.
(c) Cookies and Other Technology. Like many websites, the Site employs cookies, location based services and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your usage.
- (ii) Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon. We may also use web beacons to collect information about whether our electronic communications to our users have been delivered, viewed and opened. This data may impact the quantity and content of future communications from us to our users.
- (iii) We may use third-party companies to help us tailor Site content to users or to serve ads or messages on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising or messaging effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited, which messages are responded to, or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked (by them) to any personal information collected by us.
(d) Log Files. As is true of most websites, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL or location from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
2. How We Use the Information
(a) We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with customer service. We may internally use, and share with our parent company any affiliates, your personal information to improve our Site’s content and layout, to improve our outreach and for our own marketing efforts (including marketing our services and products to you), and to determine general marketplace information about visitors’ usage behavior to the Site.
(b) We will use your personal information to communicate with you about our Site, your orders and about events that are offered by the venues, teams, leagues, artists or other event organizers with whom we have relationships. Also, we may send you confirmation emails or text messages (with your consent) when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily suspend our service for maintenance.) Also, we will send you a notification email when you request us to notify you when particular products or promotions become available. We always permit you to unsubscribe from product availability notifications. Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders or your membership.
3. With Whom We Share the Data
We disclose your personal or transactional information in the following situations:
- (i) As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver seat upgrades or other information to you, we must share some information such as your name, email address and/or phone number with third parties (such as our email campaign partner for delivering our communications with you). Or as another example, so that we can obtain feedback and improve the quality of our service we may share your information with a third party to perform customer satisfaction surveys or usage analytics on our behalf.
- (ii) We have relationships with live event venues, teams, leagues, promoters, artists and others who manage the live events for which we sell upgrades. Upgrades include, but are not limited to, seat upgrades, experiences, merchandise and passes. We provide them some personal information such as your name, email, and/or phone number so that they may contact you about events you may be interested in. We also provide them at the conclusion of each of their events a report which contains the name, email address, phone number and purchase history of each of the registrants for that event.
- (iii) We may offer products or promotions from third parties on our Site. If you choose to purchase any third party products or participate in any third party promotions, you authorize us to share your personal information (such as name, email address, and/or phone number) with these third parties, who may contact you about the promotion or other promotions you might be interested in. We will only share your personal information with these parties if you choose to purchase their products or participate in their promotions. For example, we may offer sports team branded merchandise via a third party supplier, and if you purchased this merchandise, we would share your personal information with the merchant in order to facilitate the transaction.
- (v) We may be required to disclose certain information in response to requests from law-enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce other agreements, or to protect ourselves or others. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- (vi) We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular Site, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as a team, artist, league, advertising or analytics entity. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
4. Storage and Security of Your Data
The Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including the use of Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) for all interactions on the Site and between supporting applications or services. We use TLS encryption for all traffic to and from the site to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities, such as the use of full disk encryption and security information and event management software. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. We require those third-party service providers to comply with commercially reasonable security practices and measures. For example, when you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment, behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall. While we use industry-standard precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security. 100% complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline. As such, you assume the risk of security breaches and all consequences resulting from them. To that end, please safeguard your credentials.
Like many Internet retailers, we use a third-party credit card processing company to assist us in providing you the products and services you request on our Site. Even when you ask us to remember your credit card, we do not store sensitive payment data such as the entire credit card number and CVC. Rather, we pass the payment data to the third-party processor and receive back from them a token which does not contain the sensitive data. We do retain non-sensitive payment data used to identify a payment such as the last four digits of a card number and expiration date.
5. Your Privacy Rights, Choices and Disclosures
(a) General. This section is subject to specific disclosures on privacy rights set forth below. We are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the laws of your jurisdiction, which may include the right to request the correction, modification or deletion of your personal information and the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information (as applicable). We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you the App, please contact us.
Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
Please do not email us sensitive information.
(b) California Disclosures
- California “Shine the Light” Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Shine The Light Rights” in the subject line.
- California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures. The California Consumer Privacy Act gives California residents the right to request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share or sell personal information;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Additionally, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information, the right to opt out of the sale of your information (if applicable), and the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. federal law.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other
purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99). Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The provision of some personal data to our clients and vendors is in the capacity as a service provider or under Section 1798.140(t)(2)(A) of the CCPA.
A ‘Do Not Sell My Personal Information’ link is available on our homepage and at www.expapp.com/donotsell.
Our contact information is listed at the bottom of this policy. You may also submit a request on our website form located at https://www.expapp.com/contact and select “how do I edit my account information” from the dropdown menu.
6. Users Outside the United States
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Site from the European Union, Canada or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your use of the Site, you are transferring your personal information to the United States, and you expressly consent to that transfer and consent to be governed by Georgia law for these purposes.
8. Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
Notwithstanding anything contained in this policy, we will take all actions deemed by us from time to time, to be necessary or desirable to comply with all US and other applicable laws and administrative interpretations thereof, including without limitation, the US Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
9. Updates To This Policy
10. Contact Information
Mail: Southern Experience, LLC
3535 Piedmont Road NE, Suite 415
Atlanta, GA 30305