Leinster Rugby Announces All New Flexible Ticketing Features Creating More Value for Season Ticket Holders
One-of-a-Kind Student Pass Lets Fans Purchase Last Minute Tickets Through Text, Email or Social Media for Home Matches
Seat Upgrades and Access to The Blue Room Also Available for the Remainder of the 2016 Season
DUBLIN, 21 March 2016 –Leinster Rugby is the first team outside of the United States to announce the availability of all-new season ticket holder benefits that provide fans with a way to add more tickets or return unused tickets for credit using the exclusively mobile Fluid Ticket™ technology. Fluid Ticket technology turns a static ticket into a 100-percent mobile season ticket, giving season ticket holders flexibility and personalization for the entire season, as well as the value they seek when considering whether to renew their seats.
Leinster is also the first team outside of the United States to rollout a fully mobile standby ticket for matches – the Leinster Rugby Student Pass. The Leinster Rugby Student Pass is delivered through text, email or social media, and provides an affordable, last minute option for students to enjoy games.
Available now, Leinster Rugby is delivering these innovative mobile fan experience options in partnership with Experience, the fan experience technology company.
Paul Dermody, Head of Commercial and Marketing at Leinster Rugby, commented, “It is important for Leinster Rugby to strive for new ways to enhance the fan experience and the value of the Season Ticket. Offering these innovative new ticketing options for season ticket holders gives this loyal supporter group increased personalization and the ultimate flexibility with their season ticket commitment.” Dermody continued, “Leinster Rugby Student Pass also provides a unique benefit to students who are better suited to take advantage of last minute tickets delivered via mobile. We are confident Fluid Ticket technology and the Student Pass will enhance the overall experience and facilitate even greater value for supporters.”
Fluid Ticket technology for Leinster Season Ticket Holders includes:
- Add Tickets – Season ticket holders can exchange their current seats for a larger group of seats together in a new location. Additional non-contiguous seats may also be purchased to accommodate an expanded group size at the last minute. Season ticket holders can access Add Tickets up to four weeks prior to any match and up until kick-off.
- Return Tickets – When a season ticket holder needs to miss a match, they can receive value for their unused tickets in the form of a credit that can then be used to purchase seat upgrades, VIP Experiences, and additional tickets to accommodate larger group sizes at future matches.
The Leinster Rugby Student Pass
The Leinster Rugby Student Pass was launched at the Leinster v Connacht game on 1st Jan 2016, and has been extremely well received by supporters, with more than 800 students signing up to register in the first week alone. The Leinster Rugby Student Pass is available to all students and is the only standby ticket in global sports ticketing. Students can register to receive a text notification when tickets become available on match days. Seat locations and pricing will vary by match and offers are first come, first served, with limited inventory.
How to Access
- Students can sign up for the Leinster Rugby Student Pass at
- Leinsterrugbystudentpass.com or via the Leinster Rugby app which can be downloaded to an iOS or Android device
- A text message will be sent before the match when Leinster Rugby Student Pass offers become available
- Students simply tap the link in the text message to purchase a Pass ticket
- A barcode will be immediately sent which provides access for venue entry
- The seat location will be delivered prior to match time
Upgrades for All Fans
Last season, also in partnership with Experience, Leinster Rugby launched seat upgrade functionality for supporters. Upgrades are offered again this year, as is all-new, exclusive access to The Blue Room, Leinster Rugby’s private bar facility. Admittance includes a private cash bar, private restroom facilities, player appearance pre-match, complimentary match program, complimentary pint of Guinness and live coverage on a big screen TV. The Blue Room is available pre-match, during half-time and for one hour post-match.
These unique opportunities for fans demonstrate Leinster Rugby’s drive for innovation and utilization of mobile technology.
For more information on Fluid Ticket technology options for season ticket holders, the Leinster Rugby Student Pass, as well as upgrades and more, please visit leinsterrugby.ie or email firstname.lastname@example.org.