EUGENE, Ore. – A revolutionary $99 season ticket for the 2015-16 basketball season will go on sale Friday at 8:30 a.m., the Oregon Athletic Department and sports technology company Experience announced on Wednesday.
Named the “Lucenti Experience” in honor of former Duck walk-on Nick Lucenti, the new season ticket will be a 100 percent mobile application that will offer its owners some of the best seats remaining for each game at Matthew Knight Arena. For certain games, that will mean floor seats for some fans, near Lucenti’s former spot on the Duck bench. For other games, seats will be higher up, but the vast majority of the seats will be located in the lower bowl. Lucenti Experience pass holders will receive their seat location via text to their mobile device prior to game day.
The catch is that only 111 Lucenti Experience passes will be sold, one for each season of Oregon basketball.
“We wanted to present this as both a fun and affordable way to attract new fans to Matthew Knight Arena,” said UO senior associate athletic director Craig Pintens. “Nick had the best seat in the house during the winningest stretch in Oregon basketball history. Fans who sign up for the Lucenti Experience pass will theoretically get to experience games at Matthew Knight Arena from 20 different seat locations, which is a truly unique opportunity in college sports.”
How it Works:
- Lucenti Experience passes can be purchased online only at GoDucks.com/Lucenti beginning at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
- After purchase, download the Oregon Ducks Gameday app for your iPhone or Android phone, tap the Lucenti Experience pass button in the menu, and login using the same e-mail address with which you purchased your Lucenti Experience pass.
- Barcodes for all 20 home games will be loaded into the app within 48 hours of purchase. Barcodes cannot be transferred and will be used for entry into Matthew Knight Arena.
- Fans will receive a text message at least 24 hours in advance notifying them of their seat location for games.
- Seats will be different for each game. Fans will be delivered some of the best available unsold seat locations for that particular game.
A full list of experiences and more information on the Lucenti Experience pass can be found at GoDucks.com/Experiences.
“Experience’s technology gives teams the flexibility to craft special subscription packages, like the Lucenti Experience Pass, that provide fans with a unique way to attend the season with this mobile subscription ticket,” said Experience president Ben Ackerman. “With the ease of access and affordability, the Lucenti Experience Pass is a great way to get new fans to the arena.”
– www.GoDucks.com –